Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Break

This Past week Kyle, KJ and I had the opportunity to go out to Des Moines, Iowa and visit our friends Ryan, Danna and Addy Pettit. While out there we were able to go and check out Drake University, head up to Minnesota to see Jen, Alex and Megan and catch up with the Pettits.

While in Minnesota we got to go see the Mall of America, all I can say is wow! KJ also got to meet his Aunt Jen and cousins Alex and Megan. KJ also had his first photo op with the Easter Bunny and made his first Build A Bear. We are so glad we got a chance to make it up to Minnesota and see our family. (The hill with snow is Minnesota's lousy attempt at a ski resort. They really need to come to Utah and check ours out.)

We had an awesome time and it was good for me to see where we could potentially be living for the next 3 years. It was very different not seeing any mountains, that would take some getting used to. But overall I did like Iowa and would be perfectly happy living there for at least the next 3 years. Its an added bonus for both Kyle and I that our best friends are already living out there. We sure do miss them and wish they still lived here. We also miss hearing Addy talk. She has gotten so big since the last time we saw her. Love and miss you Ryan, Danna, Addy, Jen, Alex and Megan.





1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time..... I hope you go there too so i can get out there to see all the family and visit the mall of america!!!

    ReplyDelete